Monday, July 20, 2009

So sorry ...

Sorry I haven't posted the last few days - I know you all want to hear about Hunter. He's so precious, of course, but he does cry a LOT (LOL) and requires holding pretty much all day. It seems I have the "touch" and everyone else gets a little nervous holding a screaming baby, so I get to hold him the most - which is perfectly fine by me, but I really am tired. The first night was Kenny's shift, and he said he did really good, he slept a good few hours and then after that it was intermittent sleep, mostly having to pat his bottom every 15 minutes or so to get him to go back to sleep. The next day, Saturday morning, first off he got handed over to me. We had Hayden also, so Kenny watched Hayden and I had Hunter. Hayden, BTW, is NOT happy with Grandpa holding the baby. Then Saturday night was my shift. But I didn't get to hand him off to Kenny after a very bad night of sleep, and I'm constantly trying to keep the house clean as well. We never know when DHS is going to rear its ugly head here - they said they are required to do home visits at least once a week. So I get to be mother and maid - full time, all day, all night, every day and night. I was a little perterbed yesterday when I kept cleaning up and no one else helped - didn't even pick up after themselves basically - but I'm sure it's not going to get any better, so I'll fume for a few days and then I'll blow like I always do. If I say something it doesn't help - I just get the ol' "is all you can do is complain ...?" Uh-hum. NO, obviously I can play mother and wife and maid - and be wonder woman all at the same time!

1 comment:

  1. And by the way Sara is having a girl? You forgot to say anything about that. :(

    Sara

    ReplyDelete