Friday, July 10, 2009

A quick post ...

I know I've been slacking on posting lately - I wanted to let you guys know what the latest is with baby Hunter. He has been taken by DHS and will be kept in a foster family (if one available) until we can get a court to let us have him. We have an appointment with our attorney today at 1:00. He said he can get us an emergency hearing (within a week) to have temporary custody awarded. They will probably come out and do a home study, but it won't be a problem. Tracy talked to Linz yesterday and Linz said she will agree to us having him, although I don't think she realizes that means signing over her parental rights. Anyway, I will keep you all updated. I wish we could just go get him right now, or two days ago, but once DHS gets involved there's so much red-tape. Wish this was a perfect world we are living in. I'm only 42 and I've pretty much seen it all.

1 comment:

  1. I saw a picture of the cutie on Ashley's facebook! He's SO adorable! I can't believe what happened to him! I would adopt him myself if I could! lol But Dean would kill me. lol I SO hope you guys are able to get him. Make sure that DHS knows that you guys have a large SUPPORTIVE family to help too! Also, does Sara know if it's a boy or a girl yet?? I can't WAIT to go buy baby clothes again or pass on some of Ryan's stuff!

    ReplyDelete